Location: Greater Toronto Area
Industry: Apparel Manufacturing and Sporting Goods Retail
This business is a manufacturer of custom sports garments, and a retailer of sporting goods. It is located in the western part of the Greater Toronto Area. In addition to the retail and garment manufacturing aspects of the business, it also offers bicycle sales and repairs, and provides services for other sporting goods. Most revenue is derived from custom uniforms and custom apparel for hockey and baseball teams, followed by school sports spirit-wear and teamwear, and corporate wear. All design and production are done in-house.
The website is excellent, and the business is supported by strong back-office IT systems. Substantial machinery and inventory value are included. In the last few years, the business owner has largely been uninvolved, with capable local management in place. Other aspects of this business include:
• Substantial multi-year, high margin contracts are signed and in place with numerous sporting associations, providing the buyer with future revenue streams.
• The equipment included had a book value of $147,000, but it’s value in-place, in-use is substantially higher.
• Inventory is included with a value of $210,000.
• The workforce is well trained and loyal.
• Revenue and profitability have improved substantially in 2022, after a significant reduction in business caused by COVID.
• There is significant potential for growth from the custom garment manufacturing business.
Total Sales: $590,788
Cash Flow: $192,000
FFE Included: Yes
Inventory Included: Yes
Year Established: 1971
Year of last Acquisition: 2009
Type of Location: Urban Strip Mall
Square Footage: 6000
Reason For Sale: Other Business Ventures
Other Business Ventures
Training & Support: Available